Tropical Bonsai Soil Mix - Premium Blend
SuperFly Bonsais Tropical Bonsai Mix - Premium Blend
This mix is a variant of the most commonly used and accepted mix by bonsai professionals around the world. Here in the United States it is known as "Boons Mix" after Boon Manakitivipart. This mix has been modified to meet the needs of Tropical Bonsai Trees such as Maple, Elm, Oak and others.
Is It Dirt?
No. Bonsai trees do not like "dirt" and will in most cases die if left in dirt over long periods of time. This is substrate with added pine bark.
What Is In It?
The components are Akadama, Pumice, Black Lava and Pine Bark. These components have been found over time to provide the best drainage, water retention, nutrient retention and air circulation possible to promote healthy bonsai.
- 2/5 Japanese Hard Akadama - is a clay like component that is excellent at retaining water and it breaks down allowing roots to grown in its place.
- 1/5 Japanese Hyuga Pumice - is a volcanic byproduct that is excellent at retaining water and nutrients.
- 1/5 USA Black Lava Rock - is also a volcanic byproduct that is excellent at retaining moisture. Black lave also adds structure to the soil.
- 1/5 New Zealand Radiata Pine Bark - is from renewable forests and is used in this mix for its ability to retain water, fertilizer and it decomposes very slowly preventing degradation of the soil.
How Do I Use It?
This is "real" bonsai soil. Be sure your bonsai pot has holes in the bottom covered by bonsai mesh.
Each micro climate may require different amounts of water. On hot days you may need to water two times while around freezing you may need to water every few weeks. Push your finger 1" into the soil and feel for moisture. If it is dry, it is time to water.
2.5 Qt = @ 12 Cups
- Pre Mixed & Ready To Use - Sifted Prior To Bagging - 2/5 Hard Japanese Akadama - 1/5 Japanese Pumice - 1/5 USA Sourced Black Lava & 1/5 New Zealand Pine Bark
- Promotes Excellent Drainage & Water Retention - Specifically formulated for Tropical Bonsai Trees Like Ficus, Fig, Brazilian Rain Tree, Fukien Tea, Money Tree and other Tropicals
- Non-Organic Mix - This mix is "real" bonsai soil and is made up of primarily non-organic components (no dirt). This is really substrate with Long Lasting Pine Bark. This has been found to provide optimal drainage, water retention, nutrient uptake and air to the roots (which they love).
- Easy Zip Resealable Bag (1.25 and 2.5 Quart) - Simply tear off the top then reseal the easy to close resealable bag over and over until you are ready to re-order soil.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - If you are not 100% happy with this product, we will refund you in full.
Tropical Bonsai Soil Mix - Premium Blend
This is by far the best Soil for all of my tropical bonsai trees's. Since I repotted all of them, they have never looked better. This has the best mixture of exactly what is needed to help them grow. I've told all of my novice bonsai enthusiast about all of your products. Definitely going to order more soon. I'm very pleased with the quality and quantity of soil in ever bag. Keep up the great work
I’m a newbie on the bonsai making. I like to used the Superfly Bonsai all ready soil mix. It’s very reliable.
Shipped fast & received quickly. Does drain extremely well and retains what I feel is adequate moisture for the year old adenium seedlings I've potted in the soil mix. One of the seedlings has started to sprout a new leaf and the other 2 appear to be forming a couple new leaf buds. All 3 are being root trained and 2 of those are grafted to each other...so all had "surgery" prior to potting in this soil. Bottom line, it has been a couple weeks and my seedlings seem to be doing very well in this soil mix ; ).
This media is going to work great for my application. It was as described and shipped quickly.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
We utilize several different carriers to provide accurate shipping rates. Rates are calculated by distance, weight and package dimensions. A custom shipping quote will be provided in the shipping section during checkout.
In most cases we ship the same or following business day. If we are closed for an extended period we usually state that items will not ship until the date we return.
Superfly Bonsai currently offers Free Shipping for All Retail orders over $75.00
Plants & Tree Shipping:
We ship bonsai trees and plants from either our parnter nursery or our in house nursery depending on the tree. We may limit when we ship trees to help limit their exposure to extreme environments. For example we may not ship if it will cause the tree to sit in a truck over a weekend or holiday.
Many trees are shipped by Fedex from our partner nursery in the south central united states. Expect delivery to the West Coast to be 4-6 Business days via Fedex Ground. To the rest of the continental USA it will take 1-4 Business Days. Please contact us if faster shipping is needed.
If we are shipping from our Harrisburg, PA location, the tree may arrive via any carrier, but usually UPS or USPS. Delivery is the same as above as far as time in transit.
Trees are shipped in custom boxes made just for shipping trees. Sometimes we wrap the pot and soil in plastic to prevent it from spilling out in transit. Many times we use packing peanuts as they have proven to be very reliable in keeping trees safe in shipping. If a box is noticiably damaged, please take pictures prior to opening.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase from Superfly Bonsai, simply contact us to arrange a return. Items must be returned at your expense. If you beleive that we messed up somehow please let us know and we will evaluate the situation on a case by case basis. When a return is authorized simply send the product back in sellable condition for a full refund of the product cost.
1670 South Cameron Street
Harrisburg, PA 17104