Tropical Bonsai Soil Mix - Premium Blend
SuperFly Bonsais Tropical Bonsai Mix - Premium Blend
This mix is a variant of the most commonly used and accepted mix by bonsai professionals around the world. Here in the United States it is known as "Boons Mix" after Boon Manakitivipart. This mix has been modified to meet the needs of Tropical Bonsai Trees such as Maple, Elm, Oak and others.
Is It Dirt?
No. Bonsai trees do not like "dirt" and will in most cases die if left in dirt over long periods of time. This is substrate with added pine bark.
What Is In It?
The components are Akadama, Pumice, Black Lava and Pine Bark. These components have been found over time to provide the best drainage, water retention, nutrient retention and air circulation possible to promote healthy bonsai.
- 2/5 Japanese Hard Akadama - is a clay like component that is excellent at retaining water and it breaks down allowing roots to grown in its place.
- 1/5 Japanese Hyuga Pumice - is a volcanic byproduct that is excellent at retaining water and nutrients.
- 1/5 USA Black Lava Rock - is also a volcanic byproduct that is excellent at retaining moisture. Black lave also adds structure to the soil.
- 1/5 New Zealand Radiata Pine Bark - is from renewable forests and is used in this mix for its ability to retain water, fertilizer and it decomposes very slowly preventing degradation of the soil.
How Do I Use It?
This is "real" bonsai soil. Be sure your bonsai pot has holes in the bottom covered by bonsai mesh.
Each micro climate may require different amounts of water. On hot days you may need to water two times while around freezing you may need to water every few weeks. Push your finger 1" into the soil and feel for moisture. If it is dry, it is time to water.
2.5 Qt = @ 12 Cups
- Pre Mixed & Ready To Use - Sifted Prior To Bagging - 2/5 Hard Japanese Akadama - 1/5 Japanese Pumice - 1/5 USA Sourced Black Lava & 1/5 New Zealand Pine Bark
- Promotes Excellent Drainage & Water Retention - Specifically formulated for Tropical Bonsai Trees Like Ficus, Fig, Brazilian Rain Tree, Fukien Tea, Money Tree and other Tropicals
- Non-Organic Mix - This mix is "real" bonsai soil and is made up of primarily non-organic components (no dirt). This is really substrate with Long Lasting Pine Bark. This has been found to provide optimal drainage, water retention, nutrient uptake and air to the roots (which they love).
- Easy Zip Resealable Bag (1.25 and 2.5 Quart) - Simply tear off the top then reseal the easy to close resealable bag over and over until you are ready to re-order soil.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - If you are not 100% happy with this product, we will refund you in full.
Tropical Bonsai Soil Mix - Premium Blend
Will definitely buy again!!!
This is the best soil I’ve used for my tropical plants.
I'm very happy with the soil and superfly bonsai. I have already purchased from them again and will continue to on into the future. Very satisfied customer.
This is the best tropical mix I have seen, awesome quality, excellent price.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Best substrate for ficus
A ficus is a tropical, we use our Tropical Bonsai Soil for all tropical bonsai.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase from Superfly Bonsai, simply visit our returns center to get started. Items must be returned at your expense. If you beleive that we messed up somehow please let us know and we will evaluate the situation on a case by case basis. When a return is authorized simply send the product back in sellable condition for a full refund of the product price.
Visit our Returns Center to start a return.
We utilize several different carriers to provide accurate shipping rates. Rates are calculated by distance, weight and package dimensions. A custom shipping quote will be provided in the shipping section during checkout.
How Long Does It Take To Ship?
In most cases we ship the same or following business day. During peak season (March - May) it could take a day or two longer, especially for orders placed after noon on Fridays. We do our best to geat all orders out as fast as possible.
How Long Will It Take To Get Here?
If you are paying for your own shipping, the amount of days will be listed when you choose your shipping preference at checkout. If you reached our Free Shipping Minimum, we will ship the lowest cost method. This usually takes 1-5 business days plus our handling time of 1-2 business days. An email will be sent when your order ships with tracking information.
Superfly Bonsai currently offers Free Shipping for All Retail orders over $99.00
Plants & Tree Shipping:
We ship bonsai trees and plants from either our parnter nursery or our in house nursery depending on the tree. We may limit when we ship trees to help limit their exposure to extreme environments. For example we may not ship if it will cause the tree to sit in a truck over a weekend or holiday in very low temperatures or very high temps.
If we are shipping from our Harrisburg, PA location, the tree may arrive via any carrier, but usually UPS or USPS. Time in transit will be 1-2 days in the northeast, 2-3 days in the southeast, 3-4 days in the midwest and usually 5 days for the west coast.
Trees are shipped in custom boxes made just for shipping trees. Sometimes we wrap the pot and soil in plastic to prevent it from spilling out in transit. Many times we use packing peanuts as they have proven to be very reliable in keeping trees safe in shipping. If a box is noticiably damaged, please take pictures prior to opening.
Please Note: We do not ship plants and trees to California