Kiku Bonsai Lime Sulfur For Whitening Deadwood (Calcium Polysulfide) - 4 fl. oz. Bottle
Kiku lime sulfur is used to bleach or whiten deadwood on a jin or shari on bonsai. It also helps preserve the deadwood. This process is very common on junipers along with several other species that feature deadwood.
NOTE: This product will ship UPS ONLY. Please do not choose USPS at checkout. If USPS is chosen it will delay the order and we may need to collect additional shipping prior to sending the order.
How to use:
This process is best to do when it is the hottest time of year.
1. Put on protective gloves and googles to keep lime sulfur off of skin and out of eyes. An N95 particulate mask is also recommended.
2. Moisten or wet deadwood 1 hour prior to applying. The object is to let the water saturate the deadwood which will allow the lime sulfur to easily enter the deadwood.
3. Dilute lime sulfur as desired with water. This lime sulfur is a concentrate, but has been used without diluting
4. Apply lime sulfur with a short, stiff bristle brush (nylon works best).
5. Avoid getting lime sulfur on anything other than deadwood. Lime sulfur will remove the color from most things.
6. Reapply as needed after drying.
HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED.
MAY BE INJURIOUS TO EYES.
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
Do not mix with acids.
Use in ventilated area and avoid fumes.
Eyes: Hold eye open and rinse with water for 15 minutes.
If Swallowed: Call a poison control center, physician or emergency room immediately.
Calcium Polysulfide - 28%
Other Ingredients - 72%