Tropical Bonsai Soil Mix - Premium Blend
SuperFly Bonsais Tropical Bonsai Mix - Premium Blend
This mix is a variant of the most commonly used and accepted mix by bonsai professionals around the world. Here in the United States it is known as "Boons Mix" after Boon Manakitivipart. This mix has been modified to meet the needs of Tropical Bonsai Trees such as Maple, Elm, Oak and others.
Is It Dirt?
No. Bonsai trees do not like "dirt" and will in most cases die if left in dirt over long periods of time. This is substrate with added pine bark.
What Is In It?
The components are Akadama, Pumice, Black Lava and Pine Bark. These components have been found over time to provide the best drainage, water retention, nutrient retention and air circulation possible to promote healthy bonsai.
- 2/5 Japanese Hard Akadama - is a clay like component that is excellent at retaining water and it breaks down allowing roots to grown in its place.
- 1/5 Japanese Hyuga Pumice - is a volcanic byproduct that is excellent at retaining water and nutrients.
- 1/5 USA Black Lava Rock - is also a volcanic byproduct that is excellent at retaining moisture. Black lave also adds structure to the soil.
- 1/5 New Zealand Radiata Pine Bark - is from renewable forests and is used in this mix for its ability to retain water, fertilizer and it decomposes very slowly preventing degradation of the soil.
How Do I Use It?
This is "real" bonsai soil. Be sure your bonsai pot has holes in the bottom covered by bonsai mesh.
Each micro climate may require different amounts of water. On hot days you may need to water two times while around freezing you may need to water every few weeks. Push your finger 1" into the soil and feel for moisture. If it is dry, it is time to water.
2.5 Qt = @ 12 Cups
- Pre Mixed & Ready To Use - Sifted Prior To Bagging - 2/5 Hard Japanese Akadama - 1/5 Japanese Pumice - 1/5 USA Sourced Black Lava & 1/5 New Zealand Pine Bark
- Promotes Excellent Drainage & Water Retention - Specifically formulated for Tropical Bonsai Trees Like Ficus, Fig, Brazilian Rain Tree, Fukien Tea, Money Tree and other Tropicals
- Non-Organic Mix - This mix is "real" bonsai soil and is made up of primarily non-organic components (no dirt). This is really substrate with Long Lasting Pine Bark. This has been found to provide optimal drainage, water retention, nutrient uptake and air to the roots (which they love).
- Easy Zip Resealable Bag (1.25 and 2.5 Quart) - Simply tear off the top then reseal the easy to close resealable bag over and over until you are ready to re-order soil.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee - If you are not 100% happy with this product, we will refund you in full.